Using an endoscope, one can also „look around the corner” in the oral cavity. Even teeth in the oral cavity which cannot be seen very well with the bare eye can thus be assessed.
Oral endoscopy is carried out in the following cases:
- Feeding and chewing difficulties without apparent cause
- Removal of dental root fragments after molar extractions
- Suspected foreign bodies in the oral cavity
- Assessment of the chewing surface of the molars (infundibula, pulp positions, presence of possible fissure lines)
- Assessment of diastema in the molar column
- Follow-up examinations after surgical procedures in the oral cavity.